Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Dancing

    I've been doing this since I was 4. When I was young, my mom would always be playing music on her stereo and I just had to dance to it. I remember when I would do this spin that my mom would call the "Michael Jackson twist". Now, for some reason, when I was young, I always thought Michael Jackson was a big, large black dude. (Boy, was I wrong)! Anyway, I was always doing that spin! My mom would always say to me "Jaylon, do the Michael Jackson twist!" And I would do the spin! But I started doing more than just the twist. I was learning more dance moves at a rapid pace based on how much I loved to dance. Every cookout I was at, I was dancing. Every time my family started dancing to a song that played on her stereo, I was dancing with him. Every time a new song came out on the radio, I was doing whatever it was out there! (This was when I was young, like age 4, so I'm not contradicting myself)!
    But the one thing that I remember was every time I heard the cha-cha slide, ...it was over! I would go off to the point where I ran the whole song with an iron fist! I would dance to the song, but put my own spin on the dance moves! I love every part of that song! Parts 1, 2,3, all the way to infinity! It really didn't matter as long as that one specific song came blazing out of someone's speakers! No matter where I may be!
     As I got older, it just got worse! (In a good way)! When I started listening to Michael Jackson, ...you couldn't touch me! I was on a whole 'nother level when it came to dance then! I was memorized and practicing every single last dance move that MJ did! It took me weeks to figure out how he performed the moonwalk and the Smooth Criminal dance routine! I was just goin' off! And like I said previously, I was always putting my own spin on his moves! I was watching pretty much everything that he did because I wanted to move as slick and as smooth as he did! Even when he died, I played Michael Jackson: The Experience and went off on that! I felt that the way I was playing, I was working out and dancing at the same time! Every day I would always be dancing! Every move that I make would be a dance move! Whether I'm walking, turning a corner or turning around or walking backwards (moonwalking time), that's just how I move! I love the flow of how my legs communicate with music! It's just amazing! Music and legs are a beautiful couple and I prove that phrase to be 100% written in stone true! I love you all and thank you for letting me share one of my passions!

                                                                                                                             -Jaylon

Hold up... I have a little treat for everyone! My friend, who calls himself Lyrical Blaze, has started a Facebook page all about him dancing and expressing his love of dance. Now, I wanted everyone to share in the finesse of his moves and get lost in his moves! Hope you all like it and like his Lyrical Blaze Facebook Page!