Sunday, August 18, 2013

Back To The Future

            One of my most favorite sci-fi movies ever created has always been Back to the Future! I love that movie with a passion! In fact, I love all 3 of the movies with a passion! It is one of the only sci-fi movies that I can watch continuously and not get bored at all! I mean, everything about that movie was amazing! The special effects, the story, the plot twists, the general aspect on how we perceive time travel because normally when we think of time travel, we think of stepping through a portal or getting inside a chamber with the time coordinates already set on the chamber, but the creators of Back To The Future wanted to go beyond that and use a car! The Delorean time machine! After that, I was hooked!
         The thing that I enjoyed most from watching back To The Future was seeing one of my favorite actors, Michael J. Fox. Michael J. Fox had to be one of the hardest working actors of the 80s because on top of doing Back To The Future, he was also acting on the hit sitcom Family Ties as Alex P. Keaton. If it wasn't for Michael J. Fox, then, in my opinion, I don't believe Back To The Future would've been as successful as it was and still is. I mean, Michael J. Fox represented what an average teenager was back then. A cool rebel who likes to hang out with friends, become popular in school and chase girls! Steven Spielberg and the rest of the creative minds behind Back To The Future made a pretty righteous decision in casting Michael J. Fox as the lead role because it just made us all feel a sense of excitement into the film and we all got to see Michael J. Fox for who he is as an actor! Which is a smart, funny, energetic, charismatic, courageous, strong-minded individual that always wanted to do more with acting and pleasing the public.
        Back To The Future will always be one of my favorites mainly because I'm a fan of the 20th century! The movie really stepped out of the box when it came to wanting to try something new with its audience and always had something imaginative to add to the movie's genuine craft! I mean, no one can take that away! Nobody can reproduce, recreate, reboot, or re-make a classic like Back To The Future because most people won't accept it without the original cast! (In my opinion)! I love Marty McFly. I love Doctor Emmett Brown, Einstein, Biff Tannen, Lorraine and George McFly, watching Marty time travel into the past, future and alternate present just to get business done! I love the hoverboard! (I wanted to know if those were real, actually)! I love Huey Lewis and the News playing "Power of Love", Marty McFly playing Johnny B. Goode on stage, Marty always standing up for himself every time someone calls him a chicken, (Even though his character was going at it the wrong way)! I love every element of that movie because it made movies come alive! Michael J. Fox, (In my opinion), is a legend, will always be a legend and long live BACK TO THE FUTURE!

                                                                                                                     -Jaylon