Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hip-Hop and Rap

It goes like this. A lot of people who know me know that I only listen to old school rap and only old-school rap! Also, they know that I like to get down when I'm listening to my music on my MP3 player! The reason being is because back then, when rappers rhymed on the microphone, they rhymed! They made sense when they spoke and made the message clear. You could hear the lyrics being spoken. It was a new topic being addressed and it was made people understand what true talent was. Back then, rappers had skill and talent which was necessary when you rocked the mic or you were nobody. Plus, rappers back then actually knew how to be themselves and wasn't asking others to be other people. They just wanted their audience to accept them into their homes, your boom box or your cassette player. Also, everyone back then knew how to put on a show. They knew that performance was the key aspect whether you were live, in the recording studio or on the streets free-styling or battling someone. Old school music also let people enter into the artist's world and take part in the merriment or sorrow of what the artist's perspective of life was all about. There were rappers that told stories, addressed a situation in real life and how it affected them and expressed their overall personality through their lyrics. I mean, OLD SCHOOL RAP had substance. OLD SCHOOL RAP made you think. OLD SCHOOL RAP made you see what lyrical talent was. OLD SCHOOL RAP made the most difference in rap and hip-hop music. OLD SCHOOL RAP IS REAL RAP! I can't say that for the new school crap because that's just what it is! (In my opinion)!
New school rap...(sighs)... I can't even...How did...Who is this...Where did it all...When I look at new school rap today, all I do is ask myself "WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPENED?" "WHERE DID IT ALL GO?" "WHERE DID ALL THESE WHACKERS COME FROM?" (Get it? I changed "rappers" with the word "whack")! (Because that's what they all are)! (Well, not everyone! Just people who aren't saying anything , but the same recycled b.s. of money, cars, women, jewelry, sex, etc.). TALK ABOUT SOMETHING ELSE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD! I refuse to get hooked to the new school bull crap that's being played on the radio and getting massive airplay based on the mindless consumers who have absolutely no choice, but to accept this "rap" as rap music! I just refuse to accept this new school crap as rap! They destroyed what was supposed to be a proud and powerful culture all because of their love for the dough, yo! -_-


OLD SCHOOL RAP> NEW SCHOOL CRAP

I mean, that's just my philosophy! Everyone's philosophy on this matter will always be different because "different strokes for different folks!" But here I am! Jaylon O'Neal! Speaking the full, uncut, unprecedented truth on how I feel towards the bullcrap rap! Thank you for your time...and for letting me share how I feel about this matter.

                                                                                                       -Jaylon