Thursday, August 22, 2013

Bullying

It never should've started. It needs to stop. It has claimed millions of lives everyday. It needs to end. And to the people that read my book, you would know exactly why!(And if you didn't, you should! Just scroll down to the bottom of my blog and click the picture of my book. ...And you can do the rest!) Bullying has an effect on everyone!  It has people do things to themselves that they will later regret in life! No one is made of stone! Bullying hurts people. It's never okay to be a bully to anyone. It makes you shallow, pathetic and less of a person knowing that you need to destroy another person's confidence in his/her self in order to assert dominance over that person. But what I want to do for my readers in this post is something special. I'm going to tell a story. Not about me. I've already done that. (Scroll to the bottom of the screen, click pic,...). I'm going to tell a story about a friend that I knew that was a very special friend of mine. She (Yes, this is about a girl) was a wonderful girl that never did anything wrong to anyone. She was my best friend and I will always remember her for her beauty, her style and her love for people. Her name is Mandy.

Now Mandy was the new girl at Bundy High. She didn't know anyone so she was always eager to meet new people. She was walking down the hall and saw a group of girls talking about boys, Justin Bieber/1D, cheerleading, whatever. She goes up to the girls and says:

"Hi, my name is Mandy! What's yours?"

One of the girls came up to Mandy and said:

"Does it look like I give a f*** what your name is, b****?"

The girl walked away with her friends leaving poor Mary in the middle of the hallway, speechless and crying. Now I was walking down the hall listening to my music as always when I saw her. She looked so broken. Sitting on the middle of the floor in her own tears sobbing. I turned my MP3 player off, went over to her and said:

"Hey, what's the matter?"

She said, while crying;

"Th-this g-g-girl called me a b-b-b****! *crying*"

I held her close and said:

"It's okay. It's going to be alright. Haitin's (hatin') always been like that! But what she said to you shouldn't crush you! You are a wonderful girl and you're here for a reason!"

She looked at me and a smile came across her face with her makeup smeared across her eyes. She said with the sound of sadness still in her voice:

*sniffs*"I am?"

I said:

"Of course you are. You're beautiful. Now, dry those tears!"

She went into her purse, got a tissue and cleaned her face up. She looked at me as happy as she was when she walked in and said:

"Thank you. What's your name?"

I said:

"Jaylon."

She said:

"You have a nice name, Jaylon."

I said:

"Thank you."

We both walked the halls in opposite directions and went to our individual classes. The next day, Mandy met a guy named Mark. He was the quarterback of the boys' football team and the most popular kid in school. (Just like in every story, right?) Anyway, Mandy went up to Mark and said:

"Hi!"

Mark said:

"Hey, you're cute!"

Mandy laughed and said:

"Thanks! What's your name?"

Mark said:

"My name is Mark! How 'bout you?"

Mandy said:

"Mandy!"

Mark said:

"Listen, I'm having a football game this Friday. You should come!"

Mandy, so full of joy and energy, said:

"I'll be there!"

After that conversation, both Mark and Mandy walked away and she sent me a text!

*phone vibrates* *I look at my phone*

Mark just invited me to a football game! EEEEE!

*text back saying* "Have fun, but watch out for Haitin! She's on the cheerleading squad!"

*Mandy texts back saying* "I'm not afraid of Haitin. What's the worst that could happen? Plus Mark is playing! Friday is going to be the best day ever!"


FRIDAY

Mark and Mandy are driving to the football game in Mark's Jeep. Mark asks Mandy:

"How do you feel knowing that you're about to see a real star in action?"

Mandy said:

"AWESOME! WHOO! Give me a M-A-R...K-I-E! Go Markie! Yay!"

Mark laughed. He said:

"I see you're fired up!"

Mandy giggled and said:

"Well, of course! You're only the best football player there is!"

Mark said:

"I am?"

Mandy said:

"Yeah. Not to mention the cutest!"

Mark said:

"You're not too bad yourself! In fact..."

He parks the car in the school parking lot right next to the football field and they both made out. As they were making out, Haitin was at the field working on cheers for her squad. They were working on the pyramid routine and as the other cheerleaders were lifting Haitin at the top of the pyramid, she saw the whole thing! That's when she thought of a plan! She got all of the cheerleaders to make a cheer that was negatively directed at Mandy! She rounded all of the girls up in a straight line and said:

"Okay, girls! A little change in plans! We're going to do a whole new cheer!"

All of the girls exchanged confused looks and said:

"A whole new cheer?"

"What sense does that make?"

"Are you serious?"

Haitin said:

"Just follow my lead!"

The game started an hour later and Mandy was sitting in the front row watching the game start. Mandy thought about what that intimate moment in Mark's Jeep meant for her. She thought:

"OMG! That kiss was amazing! He's totally in love with me! OMG! I can tell that we're going to be in love forever and ever!"

Then, right when the game was about to start, Haitin got a megaphone and said:

"Wait! Everyone! My squad and I would like to do a little cheer that's dedicated to someone in the bleachers! Ready, girls?"

All of the girls replied with a:

"YEP!"

Haitin said:

"Ready! OK! S-L-*-*! What does that spell? MANDY! You stupid piece of trailer trash! You can't take our quarterback! Come on, everybody!"

Then, everyone stood up and said the cheer and looked right at Mandy as they said it!

"S-L-*-*! What does that spell? MANDY!"

Mandy started to cry, got up from the bleachers and ran away from the football field. She ran down the street as fast as she could, crying tears of pain! She got out her cell phone, sent me a text.

"Jaylen, I love you! I'll always love you and I'll always remember you! The pain is too much for me! I just can't go on any longer! XOXO FOREVER!"

*phone vibrates* *I see the message* *heart drops* I texted back saying:

"Mandy, what happened? Tell me! Please!"

*sits down on edge of bed* *cries* *turns on TV*

"And in local news, police are investigating the gruesome death of 16-year old Mandy Calbright. Witnesses say she jumped in front of a car that collided into a tree, thereby killing her and the driver. Police has declared this death a suicide and all that was left at the scene was a cell phone with the victim's last text making it known that she was going to commit suicide. But what we don't know was the victim's motive on what possessed her to take her own life. More details at 11."

*shuts TV off* *cries*

And that was the end of Mandy Calbright. My one true friend that I will forever hold close to me forever.

                                                                                                                   -Jaylon