Tuesday, August 6, 2013

How It All Started...

It was 1:17 a.m. My brother, sister and mother were all dressed up and ready to go pick up my friend Genario from the city bus shuttle. Just as we were about to leave the house, my mother said to me: "Jaylon, you should write a book!" I said: "About what?" She said: "A book about your life. You could write about how you didn't know you was autistic, how it affected you when you tried to make friends, the stuff that you went through not knowing you was autistic. I mean, you should really  think about it because I know you're a good writer!" As we walked out the door, I continued to ponder the thought of me writing a book. What it could mean, how it would feel, the people who would come to me requesting autographs from me, the wild fantasies of girls chasing me throughout different parts of the city. I mean, it was a lot to think about!

Then one day, I sat on my bed with my Inspiron Mini laptop and start writing. When I was writing the story, I never looked at a journal or a diary. I just felt the whole story was all in me. I mean, no one knows your story better than you, right? I put everything on the table! I always felt like when people read this book, then they'll truly see what I went through and how I came out on top! I wanted to put everyone and everything that made a difference in my life because this was the book that I believed would change the way people saw the real definition of the word "different." I wanted to make my mark in this world so that when I leave this Earth, people would know the person that I was. I talked about autism in the book, but I talked about it in a way that would make everybody, not just autistic savants or people with autistic relatives or friends in their lives, feel where I was coming from. From day in and day out, everyday I would get up, get dressed, go to school or wherever I went and whatever opportunity I got, I wrote. When it came to writing the book, I was writing. In my room, on the bus to school, in class, in the car, in public places, etc. My mom never wanted me to tell anyone that I was writing the book because she believed that others would destroy my confidence in writing the book. So I never did. It would be me and my mom's secret.

Finally, it wasn't until February 28, 2013 that all my hard work and patience had finally paid off! My book went live on Amazon!


Do you see what happens when you never give up? Do you see what happens when you don't stop believing in yourself? Do you see what happens when you dream big about something? It comes true! No matter what people say, no matter what they may think, no matter how hard this world may be towards you, YOU ALWAYS NEED TO KEEP FIGHTING FOR WHAT YOU WANT! There are 3 types of people in this world:

1) People who make things happen
2) People who wait for things to happen
3) People who wonder what could've happened if I made things happen

I'm a person who makes things happen! I believed in an idea, I had the love and support of my family and I NEVER SAID DIE! My name's Jaylon O'Neal and I approve this message! Peace!